About Us, Course Information, Accreditation, Enrolment Procedure & Why Study with Us?
Animal Jobs Direct was established in 2005.
Animal Jobs Direct is accredited as a recognised course and training provider by 5 National Awarding Bodies.
Open College Network (OCN)
Course information: Quality of our Courses
Accreditation gives assurance that the content of a training course is of a high standard and meets the rigorous quality assurance requirements of a national awarding organisation. Accreditation also gives formal recognition to our courses which result in the ‘award’ of a certificate of achievement.
Our courses are not simply tick the box courses. The courses we offer have been developed by our team of animal care, welfare and conservation experts and are unique in that they have a strong emphasis on ethics and welfare. Along with challenging assignments which will be marked and assessed by qualified tutors, you will gain valuable knowledge about your chosen subject. To ensure that our training is relevant to employers, our courses are developed in consultation with charities and companies in the animal care sector.
Qualified and experienced tutors
All of our tutors have achieved a level of education and experience that matches the needs and expectations of anyone who undertakes our courses. The tutors support and assist achievement whether for assessments, understanding particular topics or general support and encouragement.
Careers and Course Adviser
Ongoing, free careers and training advice is offered to all our students.
Animal Jobs Direct is Disability Confident Committed
Due to the expert support given to our students we have an extremely high course completion rate with students achieving high pass marks. On successful completion you will receive an accredited Certificate or Diploma that will not only enhance your career and job prospects within the animal care and conservation sectors, but also provide you with the knowledge to make a really positive contribution in your chosen career path working with animals.
We pride ourselves on offering a complete service for our students; please take a look at some of the inspiring success stories from our recent students.
Please click here for answers to Frequently asked Questions
About Animal Jobs Direct and our passion for Animal Welfare and Conservation
- We are passionate about Animal Welfare and conservation. Our dedicated team have worked and recruited in the animal care sector for charities and private animal welfare organisations and include Animal Care and Wildlife and Conservation specialists, Vets and Veterinary Nurses and Canine Behaviourists.
Animal Jobs Direct was established in 2005
- We understand how important it is to raise standards in the animal care sector through education; employees can make a huge difference to the animals in their care and to animal welfare if they are empowered with the right skills.
Course Information: Enrolment Procedure and how to sign up for a Course
- There are no entry or age requirements for our courses.
- You can sign up at any time and study from anywhere in the world
- To get started with your studies, please click on the Enrol Now Button on the course page.
- You will be taken to secure payment page where course fees can be paid by debit card, credit card or paypal. We also accept payment over the phone)
- Once you have completed the transaction, you will immediately receive an email confirming your enrolment.
- You will then receive copies of the Working with Animals and Volunteering with Animals ebooks.
- You will shortly receive an email from your tutor with your first module.
- As from January 2017, students enrolling on courses have 2 years to complete their course.
Course information: Studying
- You will receive all the information you need to complete the modules which will require some form of research and study. You study entirely at your own pace and with full tutor support.
- Your personal tutor will be available to support you if you have any queries about the course.
- Once you have completed the module you email it back to your tutor who will assess it.
- Within a few days you will receive the results.
- If you do not achieve a pass first time do not worry, you will be asked to re submit. There is no extra charge for this.
- Once you have successfully completed a module the tutor will send you the next one and this continues until you have finished the course.
- Modules can take anything from a week to a month or longer to complete depending on learners ability and time available to study. As from January 2017, students enrolling on courses have 2 years to complete their course.
Course information: How we assess your work
- There are no exams to sit; each Module has a range of assessment tasks aimed at meeting the outcomes of the module.
- There are quizzes, essays, activities and research to do and a number of other methods to assess your understanding.
- If you do not understand anything contained within the module, please contact your tutor for advice.
- Once you have completed your assessments for the module you send them back to the tutor to be marked and assessed.
- If you have achieved a pass you will be sent the next module. If not, you will be sent comments on the work and asked to re-submit. There is no additional charge for re-submission.
The Animal Care, Welfare, Wildlife and Conservation distance learning courses available from Animal Jobs Direct Education Centre have been constructed according to the standards set in the QCF (Qualifications and Credit Framework) for Vocational or work-related qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
What this means is that the quality of learning and the level of demand within the courses currently match the requirements of Entry Level to Level 6 learning.
To ensure this quality, our courses are put forward for accreditation by ABC Awards through their Quality Licence Scheme (QLS). This accreditation organisation provides us with QLS numbers for each accredited course and these are shown next to each course.
To match the standards expected, the courses are arranged with clear outcomes and matching criteria for achievement. Course specifications show these aspects and you will be able to demonstrate to an employer both the topics covered in your course and the outcome criteria you have achieved.
In some of our courses, we have included learning that matches the National Occupational Standards for the animal care industry. This could be either for the theory of animal care and welfare or, in some cases, the option and opportunity to show practical animal care skills*. However, these courses explore and extend the standard and accepted levels and attitudes toward care and welfare of animals.
You may be able to obtain financial assistance towards funding your studies, please click here for more information.
*The option and opportunity to show practical animal care skills in some of our courses, does not require you to be in a work place caring for animals.
Please contact us for more course information
Extra benefits when enrolling on an Animal Jobs Direct course
- You will receive free, our two Working with Animals Ebooks over 600 pages of fantastic information on volunteering projects and working with animals. Our Working with Animals Book is rated highly on Amazon
- You will have support from our entire team who will do all they can to ensure you get the most out of your studies and putting your Diploma to good use.
- A reference from your tutor on successful completion of your course. This is helpful for job or university applications.
- We provide an online Job Board for all our students; once you have completed your studies, we suggest you upload your CV and apply for suitable vacancies.
NUS Extra Student Card information for Animal Jobs Direct Students:
This is the number 1 student discount card, with over 200 UK student discounts and 1 year FREE ISIC un-locking over 42,000 international discounts, it is available to all Animal Jobs Direct Students.
NUS extra has the best student discounts around that you can use online and in store. Top brands include: 10% off at The Co-operative Food, 5% off at Amazon, 10% off ASOS, Up to 40% off at PizzaExpress, 25% off Odeon student priced tickets.
The NUS extra card comes with 1 year free ISIC. The ISIC card is the only internationally accepted proof of certified student status. The International Student Identity Card (ISIC) is your access to fantastic discounts and services at home and around the world. Your ISIC card is accepted in over 130 countries, as well as at your favourite UK high street retailers, restaurants, attractions, and more. Exclusive discounts on worldwide flights, including STA TravelDiscounted rates at hotels & hostels worldwide. Recognised by universities, academic institutions, student organisations & national governments worldwide. Endorsed by international organisations such as UNESCO and the European Council, it provides over 42,000 international discounts in over 130 countries including: 30% off Lonely Planet, 20% off Eurolines, 5% off Homestay!
What would you like to do now? Want advice about Careers or Courses?