Dog First Aid Course Practical
Please click here for more information about this First Aid course
Emergency Dog First Aid Course Practical
Intensive Practical Dog First Aid Training Course
Suitable for dog owners and those working with dogs
Learn how to:
- Carry out a daily health check and identify visible factors that
indicate good health and poor health, including warning signs of life
threatening diseases and temperature control.
- Position a dog for bandaging, dress a specific wound in a dog and how
to prevent and control wound infection.
- Identify the visual signs of a break or fracture in a dog, how to
assist a dog with a suspected break or fracture and how to correctly
bandage a dog.
- Gain the trust of a dog before undertaking any procedures and how to
follow a general animal-centred care programme for a dog over a given
- Approach and handle a dog in shock or in a collapsed state and how to
- Put together a canine first aid kit.
This intensive practical course provides understanding of the main requirements for canine first aid.
Learners will gain an understanding of the essential requirements for first line response to any incidents that require immediate action.
The importance of taking an animal centred approach is introduced with the opportunity of devising strategies to assist in emergency situations.
Health and safety will be a priority and you will learn how to follow basic health and safety principles whilst undertaking canine care at all times.
Contact us for more information about the Dog First Aid Course Practical
Click here for more information about Course Enrolment
Talk to our Course Adviser
Frequently Asked Questions
Course Funding Information
Student Success Stories