About Us, Course Information, Accreditation, Enrolment Procedure & Why Study with Us?
Animal Jobs Direct was established in 2005
Animal Jobs Direct Education Centre offers various Ofqual Approved Qualifications and has been Approved and Accredited by 5 National Awarding Bodies: City & Guilds, Lantra, ABC Awards, AIM Awards, ASDAN and OCN.
Open College Network (OCN)
Course information: Quality of our Courses
Accreditation gives assurance that the content of a training course is of a high standard and meets the rigorous quality assurance requirements of a national awarding organisation. Accreditation also gives formal recognition to our courses which result in the ‘award’ of a certificate of achievement.
Our courses are not simply tick the box courses. The courses we offer have been developed by our team of animal care, welfare and conservation experts and are unique in that they have a strong emphasis on ethics and welfare. Along with challenging assignments which will be marked and assessed by qualified tutors, you will gain valuable knowledge about your chosen subject. To ensure that our training is relevant to employers, our courses are developed in consultation with charities and companies in the animal care sector.
Qualified and experienced tutors
All of our tutors have achieved a level of education and experience that matches the needs and expectations of anyone who undertakes our courses. The tutors support and assist achievement whether for assessments, understanding particular topics or general support and encouragement.
Animal Jobs Direct is Disability Confident Committed
Animal Jobs Direct is Accredited and Assured with SafeBuy the consumer assurance scheme and we adhere to the eCommerce code of practices.
Due to the expert support given to our students we have an extremely high course completion rate with students achieving high pass marks. Upon successful completion, you will receive an accredited Certificate or Diploma that will not only enhance your career and job prospects within the animal care and conservation sectors, but also provide you with the knowledge to make a really positive contribution in your chosen career path working with animals.
Animal Jobs Direct was established in 2005. We pride ourselves on offering a complete service for our students; please take a look at some of the inspiring success stories from our recent students.
Please click here for answers to Frequently asked Questions
About Animal Jobs Direct and our passion for Animal Welfare and Conservation
- We are passionate about Animal Welfare and conservation.
- We have been involved in improving Animal Welfare Through Education since 2005.
- Our dedicated team have worked and recruited in the animal care sector for charities and private animal welfare organisations and include Animal Care and Wildlife and Conservation specialists, Vets and Veterinary Nurses and Canine Behaviourists.
Animal Jobs Direct was established in 2005
- We understand how important it is to raise standards in the animal care sector through education; employees can make a huge difference to the animals in their care and to animal welfare if they are empowered with the right skills.
Course Information: Enrolment Procedure and how to sign up for a Course
- There are no entry or age requirements for our courses.
- You can sign up at any time and study from anywhere in the world
- To get started with your studies, please click on the Enrol Now Button on the course page.
- You will be taken to secure payment page where course fees can be paid by debit card, credit card or paypal. We also accept payment over the phone)
- Once you have completed the transaction, you will receive an email confirming your payment.
- Enrolments are processed manually by our office team during office hours. The enrolment email is followed by an email from your tutor with your first module, or if your course is Moodle based, you will be sent login information.
- Students have 2 years to complete their course.
Course information: Studying
- You will receive all the information you need to complete the modules in PDF format (Word docs). Many of our courses are Moodle based and you will receive logins instead of PDF docs. The course information will require some form of research and study. You study entirely at your own pace and with full tutor support.
- Your personal tutor will be available to support you if you have any queries about the course.
- Once you have completed the module you email it back to your tutor who will assess it or if Moodle based, you will receive assessment results.
- Within a few days you will receive the results.
- If you do not achieve a pass first time do not worry, you will be asked to re submit. There is no extra charge for this.
- Once you have successfully completed a module the tutor will send you the next one and this continues until you have finished the course. If Moodle based, you will continue onto the next module when you have completed the previous assessment.
- Modules can take anything from a week to a month or longer to complete depending on learners ability and time available to study. Students have 2 years to complete their course.
2019 Term Closure Dates
Christmas: 14 December 2018 - 7 January 2019.
Easter: 15 April - 29 April 2019.
Summer: 5 August - 27 August 2019
We are closed during these dates, if you would like work marked around these periods, please be sure to submit your work in good time before the shut dates.
Course information: How we assess your work
- There are no exams to sit; each Module has a range of assessment tasks aimed at meeting the outcomes of the module.
- There are quizzes, essays, activities and research to do and a number of other methods to assess your understanding.
- If you do not understand anything contained within the module, please contact your tutor for advice.
- Once you have completed your assessments for the module you send them back to the tutor to be marked and assessed. If your course is Moodle based, you will do this online.
- If you have achieved a pass you will be sent the next module or proceed with the next module on Moodle. If not, you will be sent comments on the work and asked to re-submit. There is no additional charge for re-submission.
More course information:
The Animal Care, Welfare, Wildlife and Conservation distance learning courses available from Animal Jobs Direct Education Centre have been constructed according to the standards set in the QCF (Qualifications and Credit Framework) for Vocational or work-related qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
What this means is that the quality of learning and the level of demand within the courses currently match the requirements of Entry Level to Level 6 learning.
To ensure this quality, our courses are put forward for accreditation by ABC Awards through their Quality Licence Scheme (QLS). This accreditation organisation provides us with QLS numbers for each accredited course and these are shown next to each course.
To match the standards expected, the courses are arranged with clear outcomes and matching criteria for achievement. Course specifications show these aspects and you will be able to demonstrate to an employer both the topics covered in your course and the outcome criteria you have achieved.
In some of our courses, we have included learning that matches the National Occupational Standards for the animal care industry. This could be either for the theory of animal care and welfare or, in some cases, the option and opportunity to show practical animal care skills*. However, these courses explore and extend the standard and accepted levels and attitudes toward care and welfare of animals.
You may be able to obtain financial assistance towards funding your studies, please click here for more information.
Please note that we don't include student cards as part of our courses.
*The option and opportunity to show practical animal care skills in some of our courses, does not require you to be in a work place caring for animals.
Please contact us for more course information
Extra benefits when enrolling on an Animal Jobs Direct course
- You will have support from our entire team who will do all they can to ensure you get the most out of your studies and putting your Diploma to good use.
- A reference from your tutor on successful completion of your course. This is helpful for job or university applications.
- We provide an online Job Board for all our students; once you have completed your studies, we suggest you upload your CV and apply for suitable vacancies.
When you study a wildlife, zoology or conservation course with Animal Jobs Direct, you will be approved for ZSL Fellowship. Fellows get unlimited access for them and a family guest to ZSL London and Whipsnade Zoos plus borrowing rights in the extensive ZSL library of rare zoological texts. Enrol on your course and apply directly to ZSL for Fellowship.
What would you like to do now? Want more information about our Courses?