Frequently Asked Questions


Frequently Asked Questions 

How long does each course take?

Each module takes an average of 1 month to complete and many courses have Guided Learning Hours (GLH) information shown on the course page.

Can I study more than 1 course at a time?

Yes, many of our students choose to do this and this is absolutely fine.

Do I have to start with Level 1 before doing a Level 3 course?

Most of our courses are set at Level 3 as this is the accepted entry level for study; Level 1 is very basic and intended for junior students and there is no need to first complete Levels 1 and 2.

What is the course Level equivalent to?

Our courses have been constructed according to the standards set in the QCF (Qualifications and Credit Framework) for Vocational or work-related qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Please click on this link to see a comparison table for the various levels.

Are Animal Jobs Direct courses accredited?

Yes, Animal Jobs Direct Education Centre offers various Ofqual Approved Qualifications and has been Approved and Accredited by the following National Awarding Bodies: City & Guilds, Lantra, ABC Awards, AIM Awards and OCN West Midlands.

Accreditation gives assurance that the content of a training course is of a high standard and meets the rigorous quality assurance requirements of a national awarding organisation.

What sort of assessments are there?

Courses are assessed through a combination of short answers, descriptions, lists and quizzes. Qualifications set at Levels 4, 5 and 6 also have essay type questions.

I live abroad, can I enrol and study a course?

Yes, our courses can be studied from anywhere in the world. 

Can I still study if I have a specific Learning Disability?

Yes you can. If you have a specific learning disability we will try to adapt your chosen course where possible to reflect the neurodiverse way in which individuals learn. Please let your tutor or student support officer know if you have any specific requirements and we will work with you to make the course material as inclusive for you as possible.

Is there a minimum age requirement for studying?

The Ofqual regulated qualifications have a minimum student age of 16 or 18 (stated on each course). There is no minimum student age for studying our non-regulated courses. 

How much do your courses cost in other currencies?

We can't respond to individual requests for course prices in different currencies and we suggest student's use the currency converter website for the latest conversion rates.

I don't know which course to choose!

There are many different career options working with animals, our Working and Volunteering with Animals ebooks are packed with unique information. These are available to purchase and download. Alternatively contact us for careers and training advice, we are happy to assist!

Can I see some testimonials from previous students?

Yes, we have many student reviews, please click on this link to see a few recent reviews. Additionally, you may want to look at some recent student success stories

Do I have to attend a college to do these courses?

No, our courses are studied from home and there is no need to travel to attend a college. We do have several practical courses if you prefer studying in this way.

Will these courses help me to get a job?

We cannot guarantee that they will lead to employment but they will certainly enhance your CV and give you an improved chance of finding the work you are looking for. Upon completion of a course, we suggest that students visit our Job Board where you can upload your CV and search for the latest vacancies. We are dedicated to assisting students every step of the way and will assist in any way possible.

Will I need a work placement as part of my course?

Most of our courses do not require students to have a work placement. If a practical placement is required, this will be clearly stated on the course page.

What are the course start dates?

Some of the regulated qualifications we offer have set start and end dates and these are displayed on the course pages. For all the other courses, you can start studying at any time convenient to you. Simply click on the 'enrol now' button and once you have paid your enrolment fee, we will assign you a tutor and get you started on your studies.  Students have 2 years to complete a course.

Are there payment options?

Some of our courses have instalment payment options that allow you to spread the cost of your studies. If a course has instalment payment options, this will be shown clearly on the course page.

Am I eligible for course funding?

It is possible that you may be able to get assistance with funding your studies, please click on this link for more information.

What is your refund policy?

You may cancel your order up to 14 days after purchase. Please click here to see our refund and privacy polices.

Where is the course held? How much practical is there?

Unless specifically stated, these are theory only courses - and where there is a practical placement this information will be show clearly on the course page.

Frequently Asked Questions about Canine Courses

What course do I need to complete for for Dog Home Boarding licensing requirements? 

What course do I need to complete for  Day Care for Dogs licensing requirements? 

What course do I need to complete for Dog Boarding Kennels licensing requirements?

What course do I need to complete for Boarding Cattery licensing requirements? 

What course do I need to complete for Dog breeding licensing requirements?

Under the new Animal Activity Licensing (AAL) regulations, as from 1st October 2018, staff working for Dog Boarding Kennels, Boarding Cattery, Day Care for Dogs, Dog Home Boarding, Dog Breeding and Pet Shops, must have must have clear evidence of knowledge & experience or a minimum of an Ofqual regulated Level 2 qualification in a relevant subject.  Or, to meet the Higher Standard, a member of staff with a relevant Ofqual regulated Level 3 qualification must be present during the working day.

 All of the Ofqual regulated qualifications offered by Animal Jobs Direct meet the new Animal Activities Licensing (AAL) requirements, please click here for more information. 

Will the Canine Massage course qualify me to work in canine massage?

No, it is an introduction to canine massage and is theory only. You need to do a practitioners course to qualify as a canine massage therapist.

Do the canine courses qualify me as a Dog Behaviourist? What organisations can I join to work as a Dog Behaviourist?

To work as a Canine Behaviourist, students need to have practical experience of working with dogs in a dog behaviour/training capacity as well as relevant, accredited training. The following organisations are relevant for membership working as a dog behaviourist: INTO Dogs, Pet Professional Guild and APBC (depending on other qualifications/experience).

Which course do I need to be a Dog Handler, Dog Behaviourist, work with dogs to rehabilitate them and similar careers?

We have mapped out a training path with the canine courses we offer that will enable students to gain extensive knowledge and progress right up to Level 6.  Please click here for more information.

The Animal Jobs Direct team have years of experience working in animal care and welfare and we are experts in our field. Please get in touch if you have any further questions about any of our courses or if you have a suggestion for more frequently asked questions.